Views:6 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2020-05-18 Origin:Site
Before you really decide to buy a chest freezer, you will definitely think about many things. For example, does a chest home freezer consume electricity? What are its uses? Is it a good business to buy and use a chest type freezer?
Does a chest freezer consume electricity?
How much does it cost to run a chest freezer?
Various uses of chest freezer
Advantages and disadvantages of chest freezer
Where should the chest freezer be placed?
Maintenance and cleaning of chest freezer
On the back of the chest freezer, look for a sticker or nameplate that shows the device's annual power usage. To calculate operating costs, divide the annual power number by 12 to get a monthly kilowatt-hour, or 103. Check your electricity bill or log to consult your power company to determine your benchmark kWh rate.
To save your monthly electricity bill, look at the wattage used by all your appliances to see where you can save money. If your chest home freezer is energy efficient but your energy bill seems high, check the door seal of the refrigerator to make sure it is completely closed. Poor seals can cause cold air leaks and increase your monthly energy costs. Regularly check door seals and remove frost to keep your refrigerator efficient. Clean the dust on the capacitor coil regularly. Also, keep a clean space around the freezer cabinet to prevent heat buildup and keep the equipment running.
Compared to other equipment, such as clothes dryers, chest type freezers consume less power when running. However, your freezer is always running and consumes more electricity per month than most appliances. How much electricity a chest freezer uses in a month is related to its wattage and efficiency. The power of the freezer compartment usually varies according to the size of the freezer compartment. For example, according to Otter Tail Power Co., a 20-cubic-foot freezer consumes 350 watts and a 15-cubic-foot freezer consumes 335 watts.
If you use the chest home freezer on average 300 hours per month. For a 15-cubic-foot refrigerator, this means 100.5 kWh usage; for a 20-cubic-foot refrigerator, this is 105 kWh; for a side-by-side refrigerator, about 234 kWh. At the time of the release, the power company charged an average of 11.64 cents per kilowatt-hour, so the monthly costs of running the chest freezer were $ 11.70, $ 12.22, and $ 27.24 respectively.
When buying a chest freezer, there are two costs to consider. Initial costs typically range from $ 200 to $ 1,000, depending on size and model. The second cost to consider is the ongoing cost of running a chest freezer. Chest home freezers are the most economical freezer on the market because they use less electricity than upright refrigerators. They have built-in side wall insulation that keeps them cooler for longer than other freezers, keeping food cold. If there is a power outage or a reason to turn off the power for some time, the freezer will freeze your food for several hours. Remember that when the freezer is full, it operates most efficiently. It is much easier to keep things cold than to keep them cold.
1. Various sauces, such as pesto and marinara, broth, wine, broth, buttermilk, can be quickly frozen. They are ideal for placing food in your kitchen, and chest type freezers make it all possible.
2. If you like smoothies in the morning but don't have enough time to carefully measure all the ingredients, you can do it in advance! Measure your favorite vegetables and fruits in separate plastic bags (you can use them later!) In the morning, just stir all these ingredients with a glass or two of liquid and sit back and enjoy!
3. Store unused NiCd and NiMH batteries in a chest freezer to greatly extend their service life. Similarly, standard alkaline batteries will last longer if placed in a freezer. However, before using them, make sure to return them to room temperature.
4. Lipstick can be stored for a long time when stored in a cold environment. So your chest home freezer is one of the best places to keep it! The storage tubes are mostly wild colors that you wear in rare cases in your refrigerator to keep them fresh and beautiful for as long as possible.
Compared to other types of vertical freezer, there are many advantages to having a chest freezer. chest freezers take up minimal space and provide a suitable table top surface. These freezers tend to be lower and wider than other refrigerators. You can store them next to any desktop surface to increase space utilization. Also, if you want to freeze food that you don't need soon, it's usually best to use a chest freezer. They are also great for storing large amounts of meat or vegetables that are not needed during a busy day. The chest home freezer is durable and can be your companion for long-term freezing. In addition, another great reason to choose a chest type freezer is that it is more energy efficient than other models. They are more compact than other types of freezers, so they can usually be bought at a more economical price. They have various compartments inside, which are perfect for storing different types of food. In summer, they are perfect for children who need to use a variety of frozen foods such as popsicles and ice cream on a regular basis.
However, most chest freezer designs are designed horizontally and completely, requiring more floor space than vertical freezers. Since the freezer cabinet is much lower and has a very deep storage cavity, it may require a lot of clumsy bending and fondant to find a specific food content. If you purchase a chest freezer with a manual defrost option, a lot of routine maintenance will be performed to eliminate frosting. This can be a lengthy and tedious chore that requires a lot of energy to complete.
Find the right location for your freezer cabinet before exploring and purchasing new equipment. It's best to find plugins in a cool, dry place nearby. It is also important to ensure that there is enough space to allow the door to swing completely, which obviously depends on the type of freezer you buy.
In cold regions, and in high temperatures, your chest home freezer will work more efficiently. Or a sunny location will force them to work harder to maintain the desired internal temperature. An efficient refrigerator placed in the wrong place can make you spend more on electricity. In addition, this may reduce the expected life of the device. The intended location of the chest freezer will usually determine the size and type of refrigerator you can buy.
Also, when it comes to the size of chest type freezer, keep in mind that oversized or bulky freezers are difficult to remove from places like basements. And, even without a top door, it's tricky to operate these refrigerators through medium-sized doors. Placing a refrigerator in a garage is not ideal because the temperature usually drops below 10 ° C and many freezers do not work properly under these conditions.
1. Read and follow the instruction manual of the chest freezer carefully.
2. Do not place the freezer in the garage or any other space where the temperature may drop below freezing.
3. Regularly check the thermostat of the chest home freezer. To ensure it works properly, set it to 0F. If your refrigerator does not have a thermostat, check the temperature with a thermometer. Then adjust the controls as needed.
4. Keep the inside of the chest type freezer clean. Clean the inside thoroughly with a damp cloth or soft cloth and a small amount of detergent. For stickiness and gaskets and internal spills, use a spray cleaner such as Goo Gone. Use a deodorant to remove odors from the refrigerator.
5. Carefully inspect the freezer door gasket for wear. Door gaskets keep cold air in the refrigerator while keeping hot air outside. Torn or worn gaskets require more energy to be used in the refrigerator. Fortunately, changing gaskets is simple and inexpensive.
Chest home freezer can be said to be the most economical freezer on the market today. If you master the right method, you can also save more electricity. If you want to buy high-quality chest freezer with reasonable price, Meibaijia Electrical Technology Company can provide you with the best products.